When to Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned
An air duct is a pathway that enables the inflow of air and circulates it to the entire encapsulated area. Effective air duct cleaning is essential for the HVAC system’s smooth functioning.
Air duct cleaning gives many benefits. In addition, it provides you with cleaner air and purifies the atmosphere of your home. This effectively prevents allergy, irritation or any other health hazards. Know when to get your air ducts cleaned and enable your unit to perform efficiently.
Best practices in air duct cleaning
Waychoff’s adopts the best techniques of air duct cleaning in Jacksonville, Fl. The process involves checking the ductwork, air handler or furnace fan and cleaning them properly with a high-power vacuuming device. Our skilled technicians will always ensure that your belongings are unaffected by the dust cleaning process.
When to clean the air ducts?
There are different occasions and reasons when you should get your ducts cleaned. Some of them are:
- Duration: The ideal duration for duct cleaning is 3 to 5 years. This can vary depending on your needs and usage. Everyone should get their air ducts cleaned in this period.
- New home: You should get your ductwork cleaned when you move into a new house. Therefore, you are unaware as to whether or not the previous owner had cleaned the ducts. To be on the safe side, it is necessary to get the air ducts cleaned when you first move in. You also need to get them cleaned when you build a new home.
- Renovation: The construction and renovation activities spread a lot of dust throughout the house. The outer visible dust is easily removed, but the debris accumulated inside the air ducts requires quick inspection and cleaning.
- Allergy: When anyone in your family is suffering from allergies or irritation, this may be an indication that your air ducts need to be cleaned. Many health hazards are the result of dirty air ducts.
- Pets: When you have pets at home, you should get your ductwork cleaned on a regular basis. The pets tend to shed fur that accumulates in the air ducts.
- Visibility: Apart from these reasons, if mold, pollen or dust is visible on the air ducts then you should get them cleaned immediately.
Signs of a good cleaner
To distinctly recognize a good cleaner, these are the signs you should look for:
- A good cleaner will charge you between $300 and $500 for your air conditioner duct cleaning. Do not go for cheaper cleaners.
- Cleaning the air ducts will take a considerable amount of time. The cleaner should check every corner of the ducts. The whole process should take a minimum of 2 hours.
- Quality duct cleaners will use a truck-mounted vacuum system which keeps the debris contained outside the building.
- Skilled cleaners will follow the standards set by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
You will recognize all of these signs with the skilled technicians provided by Waychoff’s. Contact Waychoff’s to get the best cleaning services in Jacksonville, Fl.