Do you need reliable heat pump repairs? Look no further than Waychoff’s Air Conditioning. Our licensed HVAC technicians repair any heat pump issue promptly and cost-effectively, ensuring home comfort in every season.
After more than 20 years of serving Jacksonville area residents with top-notch heat pump repairs and exceptional customer service, we’re the company you can trust to do the job right.
6 Most Common Heating Issues
These are the top six issues homeowners run into with their heat pumps. Your heat pump may be in need of repair if you experience any of these issues:
1. Lack of Cool Air
A clogged air filter in your heat pump will impede proper airflow. The heat pump won’t produce enough air to keep up with the demand for heat. A simple fix is to replace the clogged air filter and install a new one to restore optimal air production and airflow.
2. Incorrect Cycling
A malfunctioning compressor—which plays an important role in the heat exchange process—can cause incorrect heat pump cycling.
3. Blowing Hot Air
By changing the directional flow of refrigerant, the reversal valve makes transitioning between heat and cool settings possible. When the reversal valve gets stuck either on the heat setting or between heat and cool settings, it prevents cool air production.
4. Loss of Heat or Cool Air
The lack of refrigerant due to a leak results in a shortage of cool air production and delivery throughout your home.
5. Strange Noises
If you notice any strange noises—such as rattling, grinding, or squealing—coming from your heat pump, it’s time to have a Waychoff’s technician inspect the unit and perform a heat pump repair.
6. Increased Heating or Cooling Cost
An inefficient heat pump requires more energy to maintain heating and cooling production. This increase in energy usage will cause your monthly energy bill to spike.
How a Heat Pump Systems Work
A heat pump is a dual heating and cooling appliance that offers energy-efficient and cost-effective temperature control year-round. It offers cool air during the summer and warm air during the winter. Here’s how it works:
- Summer: The heat pump cools your home by withdrawing heat from indoor air and emitting it outside.
- Winter: The heat pump adds heat to your home by pulling heat from the outside air and bringing it inside.
The reversal valve controls the transition between heat and cool settings by changing the way refrigerant flows. The primary benefits of having a heat pump include:
- Simplified home comfort: Rather than requiring an air conditioner to produce cool air and a furnace to produce warm air, a heat pump does both on demand.
- Saving money: Spend less on energy usage, part repairs, and system replacements.
- Saving time: Spend less time switching from AC to furnace usage between seasons as well as scheduling maintenance, repair, and replacement services.
- Saving space: With a heat pump, you only need enough storage space for one appliance instead of two.
Reliable Heat Pump Repairs in Jacksonville, FL
Schedule a heat pump repair service with Waychoff’s Air Conditioning to get your heat pump ready for the upcoming winter season. Doing so will ensure peak system performance and longevity while providing optimal comfort and monthly cost savings. Our team offers repair and maintenance services for heat pumps as well as air conditioners and furnaces. Give us a call at 1-904-467-7250 to find out more! We look forward to working with you.