4 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a HVAC Contractor
HVAC contractors install and maintain your HVAC units. While choosing the contractor, you need to be extra careful as only a skilled contractor will help to enhance the longevity of your system. You need to have proper research done. Here are some questions that you should ask before hiring an HVAC contractor.
- Are they licensed, bonded and insured? Certain licenses are mandatory for an HVAC contractor. You need to check whether they meet the state’s requirements and are licensed to perform their duties. May ask for their documents and license numbers for verification.
Check whether your contractors have insurance or not. There are two types of insurances that these service providers should have. These are:
- Liability insurance: Under this insurance, the service provider is liable to pay you for any damages of your property or device occurred due to the contractor’s activities. If any person at your place becomes injured, then the company will also pay to compensate for the same.
- Worker’s compensation insurance: If the service provider has this insurance then you will not be liable to pay for any injuries that the technician might face while working with the air conditioning and heating system at your place.
- Are the technicians NATE certified?NATE (North American Technician Excellence) is an authorized certification which means that the technician is skilled and tested for his knowledge and abilities. When the technician who is working at your place, has an NATE certification, you can be stress-free regarding his working abilities. This certificate ensures that you are getting the best and most qualified service.
- What brands do they carry?Check what brands the contractor has to offer you. HVAC companies have a limited number of brands. According to your budget and quality requirements you may list down the brands you prefer. You may then check with the contractor to see if he/she has those brands and select best-suited manufacturer or equipment brands for your system. Besides, you may also ask for energy-saving equipment, depending on your preference.
- Do they have experience with your HVAC system?HVAC systems come in many types. You might be using a traditional furnace and AC system or a geothermal system. You might also be using solar power for electricity. Before hiring a contractor for heating and air conditioning services, you need to check whether they have experience of working with the type of system you have. If their expertise aligns with your kind of system, you should hire the contractor.
These questions play a vital role when choosing the right contractor for your system. You can be stress-free from your HVAC equipment when you have the right contractor.
If you reside in Jacksonville, then you may undoubtedly contact Waychoff’s for best services for HVAC in Jacksonville, Florida. Waychoff’s has the most skilled, trained, experienced and authorized technicians in Jacksonville.