Taking care of your air conditioning system doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Partnering with an experienced AC installation and replacement expert in Jacksonville to help you keep your unit running efficiently and reliably when you need it most simplifies the process for you. The team at Waychoff’s Air Conditioning is here to help with all types of air conditioning services in Jacksonville, FL.
Our experienced technicians know that fixing broken units and installing new ones as quickly as possible is essential for your family’s comfort and your well-being. As a locally owned company, we pride ourselves on being there for our customers when they need us most.
If you’re ready to upgrade your home’s air conditioning system, you can count on us to do the job right.
4 Signs That You Need an AC Replacement
Knowing when to replace your old air conditioning system can be difficult. After all, repairing your unit might help you get a few more months of service out of it. But doing that isn’t always the right choice. Here’s how to tell if it’s time to schedule an air conditioning replacement.
1. Aging System
Well-maintained air conditioning units last for many years but will eventually break down and require a replacement. When deciding whether you should replace your AC system, consider how old your unit is and how well you’ve maintained it over the years. The older it is, the more wear and tear the system undergoes. If you haven’t scheduled routine maintenance appointments, some components may be permanently damaged or broken. Your air conditioning technician can tell you how old your system is and help you decide if a complete replacement is best.
2. Frequent Repairs
As air conditioners near the end of their lifespan, they often need more frequent repairs. While it’s normal to schedule repairs and maintenance appointments about twice annually, needing to schedule them more frequently is a red flag. Think about how often your system breaks down and how often you’re calling your air conditioner technician. If you’re scheduling appointments monthly or even every other month, replacing the unit is likely a better alternative.
3. High Energy Bills
The older your air conditioning system is, the harder it must work, and the longer it must run to keep your home comfortable. This produces unusually high energy bills, even if your habits haven’t changed at all. If your monthly energy bills have increased over the years with no explanation, it’s time to replace your air conditioner.
4. Inadequate Cooling
Nothing is worse than cranking your AC only to have warm or lightly cooled air coming out of the vents. If your unit can’t keep up with the thermostat setting or isn’t cooling the air enough to keep you comfortable, routine AC repair in Jacksonville, FL, may not be enough. Replacing the system will guarantee your home stays nice and cool during the warmer months.
The Air Conditioning Installation Process
Installing a new air conditioning unit is something you should always leave up to the professionals, as improper installation can put your new system at risk and increase the likelihood of future breakdowns. While each system is slightly different, the installation process is the same regardless of the type of air conditioning system you choose. Here’s what you can expect during the process.
Before your HVAC technician can install a new system, they must assess your home’s air conditioning needs. During the pre-installation evaluation, the technician will audit your home’s energy performance, checking for the total energy usage of the home. The audit shows the technician what type of air conditioner will work best for your home and what size system is required to keep up with your cooling needs.
New Ductwork & Design
Your home’s existing ductwork may not be able to adequately channel and direct cool air throughout your home. Your technician will assess the performance of your current ductwork and make recommendations to help your new unit perform as efficiently as possible. If your home requires new ductwork, they can make the necessary changes before installation.
Choosing a New AC System
Once your HVAC technician understands your home’s needs, they’ll recommend several new system options that may vary slightly in price. While choosing the cheapest unit is tempting, it’s best to pick the highest quality system you can afford. Doing so will reduce your risk of unexpected breakdowns in the future and ensure that you invest in the most efficient unit possible.
Key Benefits of New AC Installation & Replacement Services
Installing a new AC unit in your home is a great way to improve your comfort and keep your AC repair budget low. Here are some benefits you’ll enjoy when you install a new system.
- Improved temperature control: New systems are better equipped to handle your home’s cooling needs. This means you’ll have better temperature control throughout the day.
- Increased energy efficiency: Thanks to technological advancements, your new system will work more efficiently during operation.
- Lower repair bills: New units typically undergo less wear and tear than older units, reducing the risk of breakdowns and helping you save on repair costs for years to come.
- Balanced airflow: Improved ductwork—combined with newer, more efficient fans—provides a more even airflow throughout your home. This makes it easier to keep your home cool without your HVAC system running all day.
- Reduced utility costs: New units run less often and require less energy to operate than older models. This can help you keep your utility costs down during the year’s warmest months.
Why Choose Waychoff’s Air Conditioning for Your AC Installation or Replacement?
At Waychoff’s Air Conditioning, our team wants to help you keep your home comfortable year-round. Here are five reasons why you should choose our experienced team for all your AC replacement and installation needs.
- We’re local: Our team operates in the same parts of Northeast Florida as our clients. We know what it’s like to experience an HVAC emergency. Since we’re local, we can respond to your call quickly.
- We’re available 24/7: It’s never a convenient time for an AC emergency. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency appointments so you never have to worry about a broken air conditioning unit keeping you from enjoying your weekend or sleeping comfortably through the night.
- We offer upfront pricing: At Waychoff’s, we believe you should know how much your air conditioning replacement will cost you before we start working. We’ll give you an upfront estimate and wait for your approval before we start any repair or installation work.
- We’ll be there on time: When you schedule an appointment with our technicians, you can pick a time that works best for you. We’ll be there on time so you won’t have to put your life on hold waiting for us to arrive.
- We fix issues correctly the first time: Many technicians make repairs without making sure the problem is truly fixed. We’ll take our time to get the job done right the first time. When we leave, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your air conditioning system is back in working order.
Schedule Your AC Replacement or Installation Appointment Today
Ready to schedule your AC installation or replacement? Book an appointment with Waychoff’s Air Conditioning today. Our dedicated team of professional air conditioning replacement experts will help you find the perfect air conditioning system for your home so you can enjoy cool air all spring and summer long. We’re here to help whether you need an AC tune-up in Jacksonville or want to replace your old, broken-down unit with a more efficient system.
What Are the Regional and Commercial HVAC Equipment Testing Standards?
Effective January 1, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will update its efficiency and testing standards for residential and commercial HVAC equipment. All regulatory changes will differ by product type and region. Since the updated standards will result in price increases across all HVAC contractors, now is the time to buy the equipment you need for your home or business.
The minimum efficiency standards for residential and commercial air conditioners and heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will increase production efficiency and national energy savings while decreasing national energy consumption.
Northern U.S. & Canada
All split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2023, must meet the updated standards. However, split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured before January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 13 SEER to 15 SEER in these regions.
Split-system air conditioners manufactured before January 1, 2023, can’t be installed once the updated standards take effect. All installations of products that don’t meet the new standards must be completed by December 31, 2022. However, split-system heat pumps, single-packaged air conditioners, and single-packaged heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 14 SEER to 15 SEER in both the Southwest and Southeast regions.
In addition to higher minimum efficiency standards, the M1 testing procedures used for residential and 3 to 5-ton light commercial, single-phase equipment manufactured on or after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will produce more accurate SEER, EER, and HSPF efficiency ratings. Manufacturers will be required to re-test equipment using the new M1 Standard requirements as well as publish equipment efficiency ratings using the new efficiency metrics of SEER2, EER2, and HSPF2.