Do you need heat pump maintenance in the Jacksonville, Florida, area? Look no further than the team at Waychoff’s Air Conditioning. Equipped with industry-leading tools and top-notch customer service, we’ll help you stay comfortable year-round with reliable heat pump maintenance.
5 Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Maintenance
- No Heat: If your heat pump doesn’t produce any heat, it’s time to take a closer look. Before scheduling heat pump maintenance, make sure your thermostat is turned on and switched to its heat setting. Next, check the circuit breaker to see if it tripped. If the problem persists, seek professional maintenance.
- Low Heat: Maybe your heat pump produces heat but not as much as you’d like. Insufficient heating is the result of dirty heat pump components, whether it be the air filter or evaporator coils.
- Blowing Cold Air: Properly functioning heat pumps only produce warm air. If your heat pump starts blowing cold air, check the thermostat and the air handler. Make sure the thermostat is set to “heat,” and check for any damage to the air handler.
- Switching On and Off: If your heat pump constantly switches on and off before finishing a heating cycle, that means it’s short cycling. Here’s what you can do to correct the issue.
- Strange Noises: A rattling noise coming from your heat pump means the metal panels need tightening. A grinding or squealing noise could mean you have a bigger problem on your hands. Contact your local Waychoff’s technician for assistance.
Follow this routine heat pump maintenance checklist to ensure optimal airflow:
- Clean the fan and evaporator coils
- Replace the air filter
- Monthly fiberglass filters
- Quarterly for pleated filters
- Clear the outside unit of any debris
- Change the air filter. A dirty air filter impedes airflow. When the heat pump doesn’t receive enough air, it overheats and shuts down.
- Check the thermostat to see if the heat setting should be altered.
How Often Should You Get a Tune-Up
Residential heat pumps should receive one annual maintenance service, while commercial heat pumps require two to four annual tune-ups. Be proactive and schedule heat pump maintenance before your unit shows signs of needing one.
Annual maintenance benefits your heat pump by:
- Maintaining efficient operation
- Extending the lifespan of your unit
- Completing any necessary repairs
- Offering optimal cost savings
When You Should Replace Your Heat Pump
Some heat pumps are beyond the need for repairs and require a full replacement. In this case, it’s often more cost-effective to install a new heat pump unit than it is to spend money on countless repairs and maintenance.
It might be time to replace your heat pump if:
- It Doesn’t Heat Evenly
- It Needs Frequent Repairs
- You Have High Utility Bills
- It’s More Than 10 Years Old
Emergency Heat Pump Repairs in Jacksonville, FL
Whether your heat pump causes issues in the middle of the day or the middle of the night, Waychoff’s has you covered with 24/7 emergency service. Just give us a call or schedule online, and a certified heat pump technician will complete the necessary repairs and maintenance in just one visit to restore your peace of mind.
Trust the Heating Experts at Waychoff’s Air Conditioning
At Waychoff’s, every customer is our top priority. That’s why we’re committed to getting the job done right the first time, every time. All you have to do is schedule online, and our team will take care of the rest.