While some people are so lucky that they don’t experience seasonal allergies, those of us who do understand the importance of indoor air quality. Among allergy sufferers, it is common knowledge that pollens are among the most notorious pollutants and causes of allergies. Do you know this already? We are going further to discuss how you can keep the air in your home allergen-free. Without further ado, here are specific ways to do that.
Keep Your Windows and Doors Closed When Pollen Count Is High
- This is a critical approach to improving indoor air quality during spring when pollen counts are high. Close your doors and windows more often to prevent pollens from getting inside. You should also make conscious efforts to avoid pollens when you step out. Remove your clothes and take a shower as soon as you get home during days of high pollen count.
Avoid Mold Spores
- Mold growth is encouraged by moisture in such places as your bathroom, kitchen, and other areas where there can be lots of water. Reduce moisture to avoid mold spores.
Take Steps to Prevent Pet Dander
- Pets also contribute meaningfully to allergens inside the home. This is especially more troubling for people who have allergies to animal dander. Avoiding pets may be the best thing to do, but if you must keep a pet, try to keep it out of your bedroom.
Control Dust Mites
- You can control dust mites by keeping surfaces in your home clean and uncluttered. You should also avoid wall-to-wall carpets, heavy drapes, and overstuffed fabric furniture.
Vacuum Once Or Twice a Week
- Vacuuming is definitely one of the best ways to control allergens, but you want to make sure that you are doing it right to avoid scattering allergens in the air. Use certified allergy-friendly vacuums with HEPA-filters.
Use Air Cleaning Devices
- There are a few air cleaning devices that can help to improve your indoor air quality. Most of them are CERTIFIED asthma and allergy-friendly. The best way to have an allergy-free home is to prevent allergens from getting in and growing insider your home. Air cleaning devices are just additions.
Call Waychoff’s Air Conditioning today for all your indoor air quality needs. We can provide you with quality and efficient IAQ systems to ensure that your home is allergen-free and filled with healthy and breathable air. A wonderful experience awaits you.