4 Most Common Issues Occurring in HVAC Systems
HVAC systems work efficiently and provide the best comfort. However, at times these units can experience problems. Some of the most common HVAC issues that may develop are:
1. Freezing unit
There are many factors that can cause your unit to freeze. Some of these are:
- If the filter’s not clean then your airflow is obstructed, and improper airflow causes the unit to freeze.
- The system can also freeze because of malfunctioning of the blower fan. If the fan is not working, the cold air will be retained inside the unit, causing it to freeze.
- Having the relay fail can also lead to the same result.
If the replacement of a part is required to solve this issue, then you need to consult a technician.
2. Electric failure
The heating and cooling systems candys function due to electric failure. The causes of electric failure are:
- A rusted wire is the most common reason.
- Sometimes a blown fuse can cause the motor or compressor to overheat which can then cause the system to stop. In such conditions, you can replace the fuse with a new one having the same amperage.
- Check to see if the breakers properly inserted. If it is not working, then you can also reset the circuit breaker. Check the switch on the breaker. If this problem arises again then you will require an expert to fix it.
3. Refrigerant Leak
Refrigerant fitted in the cooling unit. It is responsible for the cooling of air. If your residential HVAC system is not emitting enough cool air, then the reason might be due to a refrigerant leak. The refrigerant should be appropriately charged to avoid any issues in the cooling system. While the unit is on, the vibration may also cause the refrigerant to leak.
These leaks are hazardous for the environment. On top of that, a leak can affect the functioning of the condenser which can cause further implications. The leak can occur in the evaporator coil, condenser coil or anywhere else. Only a skilled technician knows how to repair these leaks.
4. Dirt in the filter
A dirty filter will obstruct the inflow of air in commercial heating and air conditioning system. Have a monthly filter change. If left unchecked, then a lot of dirt may accumulate.
One way to tell if your filter’s blocked, by using the light test. Seeing light passing through the filter means your filter is clean. If it doesn’t pass, then there might be a problem.
Your filter is dirty and your device is still working, this means that your unit is running overtime. If you don’t clean your filter from the debris then this can strain the motor, which will use more power than needed. This will, in turn, reduce the longevity of your system.
To solve any of these or other issues of HVAC in Jacksonville, you can be stress-free and always rely on Waychoff’s skilled technicians.