There are lots of benefits to using efficient AC systems. But when the AC develops faults or stops functioning like it ought to be, it can cause a feeling of discomfort and inconvenience to you. Here we’ve listed some of the factors that can affect your Florida home AC’s performance.
- Poor airflow is caused by various things such as dirty air filters, dirty condenser coils, and obstructed coils. This can affect the performance of your AC unit. AC units need to be cleaned and maintained regularly to get rid of substances that affect airflow.
The Lifespan of the AC Unit
- An older AC will work less efficiently than a new one. AC systems deteriorate as time goes by. Continuous usage increases the wear and tear of the AC which makes it lose its efficiency.
- Air can leak through windows and door cracks. Cracked roofs and torn pipes also leak air. Air leaks can reduce the temperature in your room which affects the performance of your AC.
The Size of the Unit
- The size of your AC unit can affect the performance of your AC system. AC units that are bigger change temperature faster than smaller-sized ones. Smaller ones may take more time to fulfill your desired temperature’s degree. Additionally, AC units that are too big can consume a lot of energy.
Lack of Maintenance
- AC systems need regular maintenance to enable them to function efficiently. Regular maintenance can include; changing the air filters, cleaning the coils, checking the refrigerant level, and cleaning ducts. Doing this often will boost your AC’s performance.
Problems with the Thermostat
- Thermostats are devices responsible for increasing or reducing temperature levels. When there is insufficient cooling, the thermostat may have been incorrectly set. The thermostat can also malfunction which affects the performance of your AC. A local HVAC expert can check it out if there’s an issue.
Air conditioners make you comfortable and relaxed. Inefficient AC units consume more energy. If your AC stops functioning well, get a local HVAC professional to inspect it and fix it. Call Waychoff’s Air Conditioning today for your professional AC repair and AC maintenance.